Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday August 7 (pm) - 5M

It felt like it was time to get back on the track, so on my way home I stopped at the Belmont Hill school and did a shake out, mini-workout to test the waters. I jogged for a couple of miles, did a few easy drills, and then ran 5 x 400m, trying not to strain and monitoring my right hip for any pain or stiffness.

The first one felt strange and was a slow 83; still, that's faster than I've run for a long time. Over the next four, it felt progressively easier to run fast, and I hit them in 80, 78, 76, 77. Even though my stride opened up and I started running faster, I felt fatigue lifting my right leg, and didn't want to overcompensate and put too much stress on the hamstrings. So I quite at five, and did a light cooldown

We'll see how it feels tomorrow. If all goes well, I'll do a little more next Tuesday, and then try to add a track workout to my weekly schedule.

Day 5M
Week 18M
Summer 356M

No comments: