Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday August 28 (pm) - 7M - RACE

Raced at Fresh Pond (2.45M). I wanted to have a good effort for several reasons:

1) Wanted to see progress after 12 weeks of training and now several weeks of speedwork

2) Wanted to compare this week to two weeks ago

3) Wanted a race-like effort before the USATF-NE 5M Race on Sept. 7

The race met my expectations, and was pretty successful, I thought. Two weeks ago I tried to stick with Terry, Jonathan, et al., and ran a hard but under control 14:13. This week, everyone was racing hard, and although I went out harder, I was languishing in about 7th after half a mile. I think I did a good job of managing the race, and caught several people. I ended up racing the last half-mile with old friend John Blouin, and had enough of a finishing sprint to avoid being caught. Ran 13:51 (5:40 pace), and felt good. We'll see how that translates to the 5M.

Summer training is almost over, as I bear down on 500 miles.

Day 7M
Week 26M
Summer 491M

No comments: