Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday July 20 (am) - 11M - RACE

Ran the Stowe 8 Miler this morning.

Warmed up with an easy 1.5M and a couple of drills, but didn't feel great. My goal for the race was to run at "long tempo" pace of around 6:15 per mile, making sure to not go out too fast. The first mile of the race I felt very sluggish and not at all fluid. Ran a 6:21 split and wished it had been a few seconds faster. Second mile felt a little bit better but was a 6:22. Then a 6:26. After a long downhill, my stride seemed to open a up a bit and the second half of the race went pretty well. I kept running the same pace or a bit faster, and kept passing people. I ran the last mile at 6:04 and felt like it was a good effort, finishing in 50:28 (6:19 pace).

Cool down about 1.5M

Day 11M
Week 38M
Summer 252M

No comments: